Watch the Video from the Original Post in Sept 2015

Gr. 7 Learning Commons Orientation Video!!! Weclome to St. Joseph H.S. LC!!!

Monday, December 3, 2012

Eric Walters Author Visit

On Nov. 26th, Eric Walters visited our Learning Commons to speak to over 200 students in gr. 7-10.  They were spellbound!  He is a superstar presenter and highly motivating for reluctant readers.   See the photostory of the event above this post!

Check out the display of some of his 75 titles in the L.C.

Make change with your CHANGE!  Give your pennies, nickels and dimes to the L.C. charity fundraiser for the Creation of Hope Project sponsored by Eric Walters.

Check out the details @ www.creationofhope.com


Option One - Those requiring tax receipts are asked to make out cheques to Africa Inland Mission and add “Creation of Hope” on the memo line and mail them to 4082 Powderhorn Crescent, Mississauga, ON, L5L 3B9. The cheques will then be forwarded to AIM.  Africa Inland Mission (AIM) is a registered charity which is affliated with the project on the ground in Kenya.  AIM takes an 7% administrative fee and the remaining 93% is sent to our program for direct use.
Option Two -  Those who do not require tax receipts are asked to make cheques out to Creation of Hope and mail them to the address listed above.  100% of the money is sent to staff in Kenya for direct use.
A commitment has been made that 100% of money that comes from schools or children will always go to service.  Some schools have needed to use the first option – donating through AIM – and we have undertaken to ‘pay’ the 7% administrative cost so that the project still receives 100% – 100 cents on the dollar – going directly to service.
Often people will ask for money to be directed to specific projects or goals (goats, blankets, tools etc) and we work to honour those requests.  Here are the costs for some items:
Planting a sapling – $.23       Blanket – $6.00          Chicken – $8.00
School Uniform – $14.00  Farm Tools for a Family – $20.00 Goat – $40.00

Fund the entire Rolling Hills orphanage – one day or week at a time; There are 34 children at Rolling Hills Residence. To fund the costs of the orphanage (food, clothing, school fees, school supplies, medical care, electricity, water, sanitation and salary for the matron, tutor and night watchman) for one day is $50, or for one week is $350.00  Fund the program for a week . . . or two . . . or more.  You will get back a thank you from the children indicating the exact week you supported them, and a picture like the one above.

No comments: